View some recent articles written by student perfusionists.
- Nathan Minie – Neurocognitive Function Days, Weeks and Months Post Cardiopulmonary Bypass – Spring2020
- Breanna Hackworth, Robin Schwartz, Nathanial Darban – Comparison of Biocompatible Circuit Coatings Used in Cardiopulmonary Bypass Surgery – Spring 2020
- Jennifer Pierce – Ischemic Preconditioning for Neuroprotection of Infants Undergoing Cardiopulmonary Bypass for Correction of Congenital Heart Disease – Spring 2020
- Carla Carlos – Vasoplegic Shock: A Summary of Current Standings – Spring 2020
- Warren Anderson – Suspected Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia and ECMO Patients, Consideration of CVVH Filter – Winter 2019
- Flavio Cavallari – Blastomycosis: Pathophysiology, Management and Treatment of a Unique Epidemic Disease in North America – Winter 2019
- Dustin Gitchell, Leslie Gonzalez, Kevin Do, Sean Pollock, Nicole Morency, Tony Dohman, Jonathan Otis – Celebrating 50 Years With the Total Artificial Heart – Winter 2019
- Nicholas Kress – Considerations for Renal Protection and Management: CPB – Winter 2019
- Mark Scullion – Nifedipine Mechanism of Action and Uses for Cardiovascular Therapy – Fall 2019
- Alyssa Ruman – Increased Incidence of Infective Endocarditis Related to the Opioid Epidemic – Fall 2019
View some video presentations by student perfusionists.
- Hongting Diao – Does Cardioplegia Provide Cardiac Protection by Inducing Nf-E2 Related Factor-2 (Nrf2)?
- Adam Murphy – A Survey of Perfusionists’ Communications During Critical Events
- Nathali Gomez -Flolan Vs. Bivalirudin During Cardiopulmonary Bypass: Cost, Outcomes, Limitations
- Alexandra Rezler – Safety Relative to Staffing Requirements for the Cardiovascular Perfusionist
- Joseph Catricala – Modified Blood Rich Del Nido Vs the Traditional Del Nido Relative to Clinical Outcomes
- Nousjka Vranken – Retrograde Autologous Priming to Reduce Allogeneic Blood Transfusion Requirements: A Systematic Review
- Natasha Povar – Effects of Hemoconcentration During Cardioplumonary Bypass on Renal Function Post-Operatively
- Mitchell Katona – Using a Quality Improvement Initiative to Reduce Acute Kidney Injury During On-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting